Friday, February 19, 2010

Yahoo - Friday is here!

I am sure most people are echoing my thoughts on thank goodness it is Friday! For me it has been a fairly quick week but who doesn’t look forward to the end of the weekend? Despite not being able to run this past weekend I managed to fall back into a similar routine this week with the following runs:

Monday – 7k, nice and easy (don’t usually run on Monday’s but it was a stat holiday)
Wednesday – 11k nice and easy
Thursday – Tempo run – 4k warm-up; 3k Tempo and 3k cool down

I was in a rush to get out of the house last night for my run and left my Garmin at home, so I don’t know my average stats but extrapolating from other’s results I probably did the 3k in an average pace of around 5:00/km to 5:05/km. It is such a great feeling to be able to push myself out of my comfort zone. Although I am still amazed at how much of a role adrenalin plays on race day for what pace seems impossible to maintain during practice runs becomes doable during race day. I think the trick is not to doubt your self going into the race. Something I will have to work on.

Anyways I hope everyone has a great Friday and good weekend ahead of running!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Those are great times and I'm glad to hear about the race day adrenaline...I hope I get some of that :)
Have a great weekend!

Marlene said...

I would have been s lost without my Garmin!

You're right about race day adrenaline... I look back at some of my times last year and can't imagine doing it again. Only time will tell!

Laurel said...

Hi juliana,

Thanks for the kind words on the nursery.

The frames are just some shadowboxes I bought at Target. I was going to put something else in them, but it didn't fit. So I just found some scrapbook paper I liked and put it inside and hung them. Easy and cheap!

Hope you had a great weekend!