Monday, February 8, 2010

Life is Like that...

Borrowing from the Reader's Digest "Life is Like that" column, this morning I was getting ready with my soon to be three year old daughter, London, perched in her usual position on top of the toilet seat watching me get ready.  I had just come out of the shower and had a towel around me as I started to straighten my hair with the heated straightener. I don't know how many times I have done this in the past with London watching on giving me step by step instructions as if she is the mom and I am the child. It is quite funny. Today, however, she then asked if I was going to straighten and then proceeded to pat her private parts. At first I didn't get what she was saying and then the light bulb went on. I had to explain to her without laughing too much that the straightener was for the hair on one's head only. In her little mind, she was still thinking well why not?  I have no idea where she got the notion that it could be used in other areas and I could never imagine such an application but boy did she make me chuckle with the notion.  It reminded me that I should probably store my make-up in a a place she can't easily get to for I can only imagine what she might end up doing with it, if left alone.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Ahahahahaha, thanks for making me laugh this morning!

Paula said...

Made me chuckle too and also thought that maybe its time for a wee trim!!!!!!!!! lol Is it right that it should be long enough that straightening is an option!!!!
Sorry...couldnt resist.

Barb said...

Too Funny!!! Have a relaxing week!

cheers :)

Char said...

Gotta be careful with that straightener if you plan to use it down there. I imagine a careless hand could leave quite a nasty burn.