Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hump Day

Today is pajama day at my daughter's daycare, one of my favourite days for them for it makes the morning dress time a lot easier. If only work had such an occassional dress code - lol.

I am turning 36 this summer which is a little daunting for so many different reasons. As a result I have set the goal to be in the best physical shape by my birthday and that means losing the 10 or so pounds around my waist that I have accumulated from two pregnancies and stress eating habits.  So today I got up at 5.30 am, normally I have this intention but get lured back to sleep by some good dream and listening to the ego as she rationalizes how it is better to sleep then workout. Anyways I have just completed Jillian's 30 Day Shred Video, Workout 1.  Yesterday I also started a push up challenge with myself after reading other people's blogs about doing them. I tried to do men's pushups and managed to only do 6. I took a break and was only able to do 25 modified push-ups. Oh well it is a start. With Jillian's workout you do a couple of sets of push-ups and now my arms feel a little jelly like as I type this up.

There is much to talk about but I need to get ready for the day. One thought to leave with though, is when is the last time you jumped in a puddle? Despite it snowing here, yesterday afternoon I picked the girls up from daycare and there are a few puddles from the place to the car. My youngest was determined to jump/splash in every puddle along the way. At first my reaction was don't do that but then I thought, why not.  Seeing the pure joy of her face making a mess was all worth it. Reilly looked on with a smile and almost a longing to join her, so I took her to the nearest puddle and let her step into it. It didn't make the same splash but you can tell that she was happy to participate in her own way.  So the next time you see a puddle, don't walk around it, take a big step into it and enjoy the mess it might create! It is only dirt and water but the satisfaction of doing something so carefree is worth it.

Juliana

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Great job on the Shred & push-ups!

My usual Tuesday inght instructor was away last night and we ended up doing an hour of pure-strength (usually there are cardio intervals). I had a VERY hard time blow-drying my hair this morning. Owwie!

Char said...

Jumping in puddles take sfive years off your life. Chasing birds to make them fly away has the same effect.

Paula said...

Heartwarming reminder on puddles. Likewise I'm definitely going to be frolicking in the snow today!
While I respect your decision on the weight loss thing...keep in mind that you are absolutely gorgeous just the way you are!!!!!!!!!!
If you want quads....find a kettlebell class!