Thursday, February 11, 2010

Parenting - Fun Stuff

On Tuesday evenings both girls have swimming. London goes with her Daddy for regular swimming lessons and I take Reilly to our local hospital that has a warm therapeutic salt water pool that is staffed with volunteers. She has been going for almost 2 years now and really enjoys it. The assigned volunteer is supposed to work through a program that the physiotherapist sets up but Reilly beats to her own drum and will have nothing of it. For instance, her volunteer is supposed to work on leg strength and has Reilly sit on a ledge and then asks her to stand up to build the quad muscles. Reilly just thinks the volunteer is hilarious and refuses to stand up. Instead she giggles and has this look like why would I want to stand when I am perfectly comfortable sitting on the ledge. Who is the smart one? I must give the volunteer credit for trying. They have even tried reverse psychology and asked Reilly to sit but Reilly always has the last laugh. She would rather just float on her back or walk around the shallow end with a huge smile on her face. These volunteers are amazing and it is also more amazing that I don't need to get in the water with her either.


So Reilly had a great swim session on Tuesday night and had a great night sleep. She went to daycare and within an hour we got a call that she has thrown up. I came home from work and let's just say yesterday was spent caring for her and doing loads of laundry from each aftermath.  Unfortunately I had to forgo my run or any alternate exercise given the circumstances. She is doing much better today as we have only had two little disasters and she seems to back to her smiley self.  So I think I have the clearance from hubby to go running (he is a super dad but when it comes to throwing up his stomach gets queasy). It is funny that both of us were feeling off yesterday dealing with it but I am pretty sure it was 100% psychological.

Anyway, here is to a good run tonight!

1 comments:

Marlene said...

I can just picture Reilly giggling away at the pool, having a jolly old time.

Hope she feels better!