Friday, February 12, 2010

Go Canada Go!!!!

The Vancouver 2010 Olympics start today and I look forward to seeing the opening ceremonies later on.  Here is hoping that they get some cold weather out there and I would be more than happy to give them soe of ours.  I am more partial to the summer Olympics sports but it will be still exciting to watch the various events, more so since we are hosting the games.  Go Canada Go!!!

Reilly is feeling better and no one has caught the bug so it looks like we are still heading to the cottage after lunch, just need to put in a half day of work before we are off. On a running note I kicked some ass out there last night. It is amazing to see my improvement this session over the last few clinics. I probably had some mental barriers around speed work and I am definitely more conditioned and healthy this time around.  Marlene and I started together after our 3k warmup and I was determined to stay right on her the entire time, or as long as possible. I managed to do that for the first 3k of the tempo run but then she had some fire in her and took off, going well under 5:00/k pace. Impressive!  My average for the 4k tempo portion was 5:09/k. I am truly estatic and hope to keep this up for the rest of the clinic, injury free.

So I hope everyone has a great weekend, for some of us it is a long weekend for we get Monday off as a statutory Family Day holiday. 

Juliana

4 comments:

Marlene said...

So excited to watch the Opening Ceremonies tonight!

Once again, excellent job last night. Stick with me and I'll be happy to kick your butt week after week. :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Teamarcia said...

WooHoo enjoy the Olympics and your long weekend!

Char said...

I'll be watching as much of the Olympics as possible considering that we're on the other side of the world and the competitions will be on through the night. I'm such a sucker for the Olympics. I need tissues every time I see a medal presentation ceremony.

Paula said...

Congratulations on the tempo success! Proud of you! Opening ceremonies were amazing. Enjoy your Valentine weekend!