Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Great Run!

So yesterday, I went to the local Running Room for a regular Wednesday run night with some of my marathon clinic memebers. There weren't many people out probably due to the much anticipated hockey game with Canada playing Russia. So 5 of us from our group headed out for a 10-11k run following our usual Wed route and everything started the same way as every other Wednesday but last night was different...
I really enjoy running and look forward to most of my runs but rarely can I say that I have had a really good run physically, where I feel light on my feet and run for miles and miles at a great pace without "feeling it". Well last night the stars and the moon were aligned and I had such a run. I know this sounds funny but it was almost like I experienced a sense of enlightenment within the body but rather it be mental it was physical.  I hope this means I have reached a new level in my running but even if this was just a temporary state of running bliss, I am grateful for it.
 
So my stats from last night are as follows, nothing special or different in the numbers:
 
Distance: 10.82 k
Time: 1:05:51
Pace: 6:05/k
Avg HR: 142 bpm
Feeling: Awesome!
 
 
 

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Those runs are the best! Hopefully the feeling will trickle into tonight's run... (we can dream)

Mark said...

Congrats on the big win against Russia!! Those runs are the ones that keep us coming back for more!!

Paula said...

That sounds like the kind of run that Don would refer to that you measure your abilitly by (when you are at your best). Round the Bay last year felt like that for me. It was easy. Totally get it! Totally miss it!

Paula said...

That sounds like the kind of run that Don would refer to that you measure your abilitly by (when you are at your best). Round the Bay last year felt like that for me. It was easy. Totally get it! Totally miss it!